It’s Giving Tuesday and the National Day of Courage.
Do you have the courage to give yourself some self-care today?
You owe yourself one hour a day of self maintenance. It can include reading, writing, yoga, exercise, dancing, meditation, painting, or whatever, but you owe it to yourself. One hour, 1/24 of your day. That’s less than 5%. It matters, it really does. Especially if you’re hoping for longevity in your career. Make it count.
In the spirit of giving, my offering to you is this delicious yoga prop supported version of Savasana:
- Lay down with a bolster under your knees, a rolled towel under your ankles, and a rolled blanket to support the curvature of your neck
- Support for your neck is key here to really tap into the parasympathetic response (rest & digest)
- Get the most out of the pose by adding the weight of a sandbag or pillow on top of your belly. This is my meditation pillow which has some weight to it.
- Rest in Savasana anywhere from 5-25 minutes.
- Feel your body fully supported and landing onto the earth.
Give your body permission to relax and be at ease. You deserve it!
Then let me know how you treated yourself in the comments!
Be well friend.
Click here to receive a FREE End of Workday Meditation!
Consider subscribing to this website (it’s free) and share it with your dental friends. Helping other dentists live better lives is a great way to give back to the dental community!