Last month I posted a video on the Yoga for Dentists YouTube Channel showing how to do Eagle Pose (a shoulder stretch) during the clinical day, even while wearing PPE!
You can watch it here:
This video received a lot of nice feedback in the private Facebook group, so today I wanted to show you a way to stretch your shoulders in the evening.
Avoid these poses if you have a shoulder injury or consult with your physician before attempting these.
Prone Back and Shoulder Stretch with Yoga Block
- Place a yoga block in front of you, place both of your upper arms and elbows on the block, with hands in prayer pose.
- Sink into your shoulders and see how that feels.
Eagle Pose Variation
- To go into a deeper stretch: Place a yoga block in front of you, place one arm on the block with palm facing up, cross your other arm over near the elbow.
- Bend both arms at the elbow and see if you can get the palms of your hands to touch each other. It would really be helpful to review the Eagle Pose video posted above to see this in action.
- Unwind your arms to release.
Show me your practice by tagging me on Instagram @yogafordentist or posting in our private Facebook Group – Yoga for Dentists!
Items pictured in this post:
Because people often email me to ask, I’m going to start including anything in the photos that might be of interest:
Yoga block: https://amzn.to/3pID3kL
Yoga mat: https://amzn.to/3kfCe1z
Yoga pants by Colorful Koala: https://amzn.to/3dPIuMH
Yoga top by Mippo: https://amzn.to/2NOtljJ
Yoga bra by Queenieke: https://amzn.to/2ZGEKos
Consider subscribing to this website (it’s free) and share it with your dental friends. Helping other dentists live better lives is a great way to give back to the dental community!